Today is 'Blue Monday', the most depressing day of the year, apparently.
However, this doesn't have to be the case. What if we all started a chain of good deeds to make Blue Monday more Yellow?
Here are a few simple ideas for good deeds you could do in the next 24hours:
- Message a genuine compliment to three people
- Buy a sandwich for a homeless person
- Email someone who made a difference in your life to say Thank You
- Befriend an elderly person
- Bring cake, cookies or healthy treats to work to share with colleagues
In class, we are challenging the students to pay 3 genuine compliments to others today.
You can find a more extensive list on the helpfulpeeps blog post here.
They'd love to hear what you get up to so you can share your good deeds with them on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the #YellowMonday hashtag if you want to.
Monday 16 January 2017